Please join us as Luminate’s Andrew McMahan and Morgan Chrust will be presenting at the Energy Assessment and Independent Engineering (IE) Review for Wind Projects session Thursday, January 28th, at 1:45 – 2:30 p.m.
This session will provide an overview of technical due diligence items required for a holistic independent engineering assessment. It will discuss how technical due diligence items relate to wind project development, operations, and considerations for project M&A.
- Energy and resource estimation, wind energy assessment
- Environmental and permitting review
- Turbine technology review
- Site assessment and project design review
- Construction and turbine supply review
- O&M review
- Operating agreement review (O&M, PPA, Interconnection)
- Project performance and operational evaluation (for operating assets)
- Portfolio review (as applicable)
- Financial model review
The conference is designed to provide a holistic coverage of legal, financial, and technical due diligence items as they relate to both general wind project development and considerations for valuation and transactions/acquisitions in the secondary market. It will review critical items for due diligence at the various stages of wind project development, evaluating potential exposures to unknown costs. In addition, it will also explore what elements wind asset sellers must address to attract the attention of renewable energy asset buyers and financial entities, providing specific guidance, metrics and case studies for establishing a common denominator between the buyers and sellers to transact wind projects under various stages of development.
Date: January 28 – 29, 2016
Location: Denver, Colorado